In Mariners News...
- In the Seattle Mariners’ latest round of roster moves, RHP Ljay Newsome has been placed on the 10-day IL with right elbow inflammation, and RHP JT Chargois has been called up from AAA Tacoma.
- Promising numbers from both teams as the minor league season is just getting underway:
The Modesto Nuts also lead Low-A West in ERA (2.17, almost a full run lower than any other club), and are second in Ks, with 80 in 54 IP— Lookout Landing (@LookoutLanding) May 10, 2021
Around the League...
- Milwaukee Brewers LHP Josh Hader made MLB history yesterday as the fastest pitcher to reach 400 strikeouts, by doing so in only 234.2 innings.
- In his first game back from a lat injury, New York Mets ace Jacob deGrom will undergo another MRI after experiencing back tightness while warming up in between the fifth and sixth innings.
- Following a left wrist sprain in Saturday’s game while sliding into second base, Tampa Bay Rays centerfielder Kevin Kiermaier has been placed on the 10-day IL for the second time this season.
- The Atlanta Braves have re-signed free agent reliever Shane Greene to a one-year/$1.5 million deal. He will begin the season with the team’s Triple-A affiliate, the Gwinnett Stripers.
- Former Mariner Ben Gamel has been claimed by the Pittsburgh Pirates off waivers from the Cleveland Indians. To create space on the Pirates’ 40-man roster, RHP Michael Felix has been DFA’d.
- Competing in his first ever USA Track and Field Golden Games, DK Metcalf ran an impressive 10.37 in the 100 meter dash, finishing in 9th place in his heat.