In Mariners News...
- In the Seattle Mariners’ latest round of roster moves, RHP Ljay Newsome has been placed on the 10-day IL with right elbow inflammation, and RHP JT Chargois has been called up from AAA Tacoma.
- Promising numbers from both teams as the minor league season is just getting underway:
The Modesto Nuts also lead Low-A West in ERA (2.17, almost a full run lower than any other club), and are second in Ks, with 80 in 54 IP— Lookout Landing (@LookoutLanding) May 10, 2021
Around the League...
- Milwaukee Brewers LHP Josh Hader made MLB history yesterday as the fastest pitcher to reach 400 strikeouts, by doing so in only 234.2 innings.
- In his first game back from a lat injury, New York Mets ace Jacob deGrom will undergo another MRI after experiencing back tightness while warming up in between the fifth and sixth innings.
- Following a left wrist sprain in Saturday’s game while sliding into second base, Tampa Bay Rays centerfielder Kevin Kiermaier has been placed on the 10-day IL for the second time this season.
- The Atlanta Braves have re-signed free agent reliever Shane Greene to a one-year/$1.5 million deal. He will begin the season with the team’s Triple-A affiliate, the Gwinnett Stripers.
- Former Mariner Ben Gamel has been claimed by the Pittsburgh Pirates off waivers from the Cleveland Indians. To create space on the Pirates’ 40-man roster, RHP Michael Felix has been DFA’d.
- Competing in his first ever USA Track and Field Golden Games, DK Metcalf ran an impressive 10.37 in the 100 meter dash, finishing in 9th place in his heat.
DK Metcalf officially finishes in 9th Place of his heat, with a time of 10.37! Incredible race for a 6’3 235 pound @NFL receiver!!! pic.twitter.com/5i8uR8hEoP— Emmanuel Acho (@EmmanuelAcho) May 9, 2021