Good morning and happy Easter to those who celebrate. I took the night off last night, which turns out to have been a pretty fun night to be around, between Gonzaga and the Mariners taking a series win from the Giants. Isabelle has the recap if you too missed the game, and if you missed the Gonzaga game, here’s a 15-minute recap that is absolutely worth watching all the way through. Even if you are a basketball dum-dum like me it’s impossible not to recognize that was a game for the ages. I actually gasped out loud at the end. Aw, Marco must be so happy.
In Mariners news:
- Taylor Trammell remains a delight:
Y’all see how I tried to act all big and cool at first https://t.co/NRD8g24Lo6— Taylor Trammell (@Taytram24) April 4, 2021
Around the league:
- Veteran catcher Jonathan Lucroy has apparently found a landing spot with the Nationals. Sure, I guess that makes sense.
- The Twins’ Josh Donaldson is headed to a 10-day IL stint with a hamstring strain.
- Former Angels pitcher (the return in the Ian Kinsler trade) Ty Buttrey has made the decision to walk away from baseball. His statement is well worth a read.
- Arizona is promoting top shortstop prospect Geraldo Perdomo. Perdomo was a real pain in the butt in the Cal League while facing the Mariners prospects and will have a nice gentle introduction to the bigs while facing Blake Snell/Walker Buehler/Yu Darvish/Clayton Kershaw/Dinelson Lamet/Trevor Bauer every other week.
- Speaking of prospects, prosecutors in Georgia have dismissed the felony marijuana charges against Padres catcher Luis Campusano.
- A Denver beer company apparently wants to buy the Rockies. Having had to write about the Rockies recently and spend time thinking about that organization, I have to say I’m all for that plan.
I might have to retire the bird bit on Sundays because I don’t know that I can ever outdo this absolute banger of a thread. LOOK AT THESE TINY WINGED RAINBOW DINOSAURS.