In Mariners News...
- Jarred Kelenic’s absence in today’s minor league action was reportedly due to a non-COVID related illness.
From the Mariners PD staff ... Jarred Kelenic has a non-COVID related illness, which is why he isn't playing in Arizona today.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) April 25, 2021
This is much easier than always texting Dipoto or Andy McKay when he's not in there.
Can you do this everyday from now on? https://t.co/wpW2hfCvwp
- Former Mariners’ CF Ruppert Jones has released his memoir!
- Nick Margevicius’ early exit in yesterday’s game against the Boston Red Sox was due to shoulder fatigue, and he will undergo an MRI today in Houston to take a closer look. Scott Servais is now faced with a decision to make about who will start in Margevicius’ place in the rotation, and has said that he will likely go with Ljay Newsome.
Around The League...
- The Toronto Blue Jays’ pitching rotation continues to struggle with injuries as LHP Hyun-Jin Ryu leaves yesterday’s game early with a minor right glute strain.
- Left fielder Tommy Pham exited the San Diego Padres’ game in the second inning with left calf tightness, although information on the severity of the injury has not yet been provided.
- Arizona Diamondbacks ace Madison Bumgarner pitched an unofficial seven inning no-hitter during the Diamondback’s second game of their double-header yesterday against the Atlanta Braves.
- The Texas Rangers have placed RHP Kyle Cody on the 10-day IL with right shoulder inflammation, recalling reliever Josh Sborz from the team’s alternate site in a corresponding move.