Hello everyone! The Mariners keep on rolling into this lovely Friday. Let’s get it started with some links.
In Mariners news...
- In case you missed it, the Kendall Graveman reliever experiment sure is paying off so far.
Kendall Graveman.— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) April 23, 2021
Reported. Bullying. pic.twitter.com/LK62xY7oyU
- Last night’s hero appeared on MLB Network prior to the game to discuss the team’s strong start.
Around the league...
- The no-flinch from this guy is particularly impressive.
This is next level press box mastery pic.twitter.com/XU4iB1o94S— Christian Saez (@cjjsaez) April 22, 2021
- Mark Feinsand at MLB.com wonders if Max Scherzer is a trade candidate this summer.
- Nellie, tearing at the heartstrings as usual.
I live in the Dominican Republic and I remember seeing the video showing a large amount of garbage on our shores and sadly this was seen all over the world. I felt very sad because we are the only ones responsible for that. https://t.co/ZW13z45H4e— Nelson Cruz (@ncboomstick23) April 22, 2021
- We’ve got another April deal in the books, even if it’s a minor one.
The Toronto Blue Jays are acquiring right-hander Jeremy Beasley from the Arizona Diamondbacks, a source tells ESPN. Beasley, 25, was DFA'd earlier this week. He'll report to Toronto's alt site and provide depth with a fastball-splitter combo that plays as a starter or reliever.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) April 22, 2021
- The injuries to star players continue as Mike Trout is dealing with an elbow contusion after being hit by a pitch.
- This is embarrassing.
According to a number of players, the following teams are still forcing them to pay for housing at the alternate training site:— Advocates for Minor Leaguers (@MiLBAdvocates) April 23, 2021
Cubs, Indians, Rangers, Reds, Tigers, Twins
It's not too late for these teams to reimburse their players for this expense. https://t.co/O6Ikxguk1y
- Dee Strange-Gordon’s brother is set to make his MLB debut.
Can confirm earlier reports. Alex Kirilloff will join the #MNTwins on Friday as Miguel Sanó is placed on the injured list (hamstring). Twins will also promote 2014 first-rounder Nick Gordon. H/t: @theothermegryan and @DWolfsonKSTP— danhayesmlb (@DanHayesMLB) April 23, 2021
- Our very own Michael Ajeto wrote about Corbin Burnes’ amazing start to the season over at Pitcher List.
- A new basketball league has emerged that is aiming to compete with the NCAA. The league has already signed a media rights deal.