Hello everyone! The Mariners are still in first place in the American League West as of this writing. How long that will remain the case, who is to say? Anyway, here are some links to get your Saturday started.
In Mariners news...
- Here’s some video from Mariners minor league spring training, even if it’s not flattering for the M’s.
Here's some highlights from yesterday's Spring Training games! Featured clips include homeruns from Jeison Guzman, Felix Familia, and John Rave as well as Christian Chamberlain's immaculate inning! #TogetherRoyal pic.twitter.com/VabOfDI0nV— Kansas City Royals Player Development (@RoyalsPD) April 15, 2021
Around the league...
- Katie Strong and Brit Ghiroli of The Athletic spoke to several former Mets staffers about the rampant culture of harassment that existed beyond just Mickey Callaway and Jared Porter. ($)
- Matthew Roberson at Fangraphs wrote about Ronald Acuña, Jr.’s utter dominance against the Marlins in his career.
- This rules.
Today April 16th is Carlos Gómez Day in @cityofmilwaukee Here the Mayor of Milwaukee @MayorOfMKE presented me with the official proclamation of Carlos Gómez Day for serving the Latino community in Milwaukee with the Carlos Gómez Scholarship. Thank you Milwaukee! pic.twitter.com/MtrXaCNmgl— Carlos Gomez (@RealCarlosGomez) April 16, 2021
- While the Dodgers continue to roll through their schedule, news gets worse for one of their best hitters.
Dave Roberts said a scan yesterday revealed Cody Bellinger has a hairline fracture in the left fibula. "It's not a day-to-day thing," Roberts said.— Bill Shaikin (@BillShaikin) April 16, 2021
46mph from Willians Astudillo for a strike pic.twitter.com/RG0mzR3mZu— Lucas A (@DBITLefty) April 17, 2021
- Chet Gutwein at Fangraphs analyzes how Cedric Mullins’ decision to swing left-handed full-time has helped him reach his next level of performance.
- Britni De La Cretaz at Sports Illustrated wrote about what life is like in sports for transgender and non-binary athletes.