Hello folks and happy Friday! The Mariners are in first place in the American League West and take on a fellow AL West team for the first time this season tonight. Let’s get to some of the latest from around baseball.
In Mariners news...
- In case you missed it, things are looking good for our other friend Kyle!
Kyle Lewis is expected to come off the injured list and join the #Mariners by the end of the team's upcoming homestand, which will finish with two games against the Dodgers on Monday and Tuesday, Jerry Dipoto tells @dannyoneil and @StacyRost on his weekly show on @710ESPNSeattle.— Brent Stecker (@BrentStecker) April 15, 2021
- Several Mariners players weigh in here.
If you could write a letter to Jackie Robinson, what would you say?— Cut4 (@Cut4) April 15, 2021
We asked a few of our players to do just that: pic.twitter.com/4gGXUZKudg
Around the league...
- You’ve got to love the KBO for stuff like this.
Stone Buddha: In anticipation of Oh Seung-hwan picking up his 300th career KBO save, the Samsung Lions have placed a large stone buddha (his nickname) at the stadium. pic.twitter.com/GhwlvJEVKL— Dan Kurtz (@MyKBO) April 15, 2021
- The Beloit Snappers minor league team are putting together a clever system in which fans can bid for the right to have the ballpark named after them for a day.
- Minor League Baseball is no longer allowing managers to challenge the official scorers’ rulings after games. As someone who often had to serve as the liaison between the scorer and the managers in these situations, I’m very glad to see this contentious, awkward, and morally questionable practice go by the wayside.
- The Blue Jays — for whom their bullpen was meant to prop up a weak starting rotation — cannot catch a break when it comes to reliever health.
When it rains it pours, Jordan Romano to the injured list with right ulnar neuritis. #BlueJays— Gregor Chisholm (@GregorChisholm) April 15, 2021