Good morning everyone! The time has finally arrived: Opening Day! Let’s get hype.
In Mariners news...
- Some M’s notes as the season opens.
Other news from Servais:— Daniel Kramer (@DKramer_) March 31, 2021
• Kikuchi will be bumped up to Friday, Paxton back to Tuesday
• Reliever Drew Steckenrider has made the team, Domingo Tapia did not but will be at the alt site
• OFs José Marmolejos and Jake Fraley also made the team
Around the league...
- MLB has its Opening Day hype video all completed.
- The Mets and Francisco Lindor came to an agreement on a deal just in the nick of time, as the star shortstop has signed a ten-year deal worth $341M.
- Alyson Footer at MLB provides the Opening Day MLB power rankings.
- Ben Lindbergh and Rob Arthur at The Ringer analyzed the new baseball that the league used in spring training this year.
- This is super interesting.
- Pop star Nick Jonas is teaming up with MLB Network on an exclusive partnership. What a unique pairing.
- Speaking of fascinating partnerships, this could lead to some elite college talent coming out west to spend the summer.
We are thrilled to announce our new partnership with @DrivelineBB, the premier data-driven baseball player development organization. Learn more about the new relationship between the WCL and Driveline Baseball. https://t.co/vre9w6cZl9— West Coast League (@WCLBaseball) March 31, 2021
- The Athletic staff previews the American League West starting pitching rotations. ($)
- Would love to see him land on his feet soon.
Free-agent IF Dee Gordon has turned down several minor-league offers, including one from the Reds, according to a source with knowledge of his situation. Continues to work out every day, waiting for jobs that might open due to injury or poor performance.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) March 31, 2021
- Shout out to this former Mariner!
Lucas Luetge, who hasn't pitched in the majors since 2015 (and hasn't thrown more than 9 innings in MLB since 2013), has made the Yankees' opening day roster. Very cool.— Lindsey Adler (@lindseyadler) March 31, 2021
- The Cleveland-based SB Nation baseball site has rebranded to “Covering the Corner.”
- This is an awesome development, especially this early in the season.