In Mariners News...
- Ryan Divish at The Seattle Times provides a guide for reasons to be optimistic as well as potential negative storylines ahead of Opening Day.
Around The League...
- King Felix has opted out of his minor-league contract with the Baltimore Orioles, and has now entered the free agent market. Is it time for retirement, or do you hope to see him continue playing?
- Fangraphs continues their 2021 Positional Power Rankings, focusing this week on the top 15 starting rotations. The Mariners rank at a solid 13 out of 15, with the Fangraphs staff highlighting Marco Gonzales’ pitch command and Yusei Kikuchi’s pitch selection.
- Marlins pitching prospect Sixto Sanchez has been optioned to the team’s alternate site or Triple-A team as the Marlins adopt a four-man rotation to begin the season.
- White Sox left fielder Eloy Jimenez will undergo surgery to repair a ruptured left pectoral tendon and will require four to five months for recovery.
- Former Mariner Steve Cishek remains in the AL West as he signs a one-year/$1 million deal with the Angels. Reliever Tom Watson has also signed with the Angels on his own one-year/$1 million contract.
- The Texas Rangers have announced that long-time starting second baseman Rougned Odor will not make the Opening Day roster. It appears that the team is moving on from Odor as they prepare to designate him for assignment.
- MLB has released new coronavirus guidelines, urging players to get vaccinated. Incentives have been added to the new protocols, such as gatherings in hotel rooms, limited mask-wearing, and more once 85% of players are fully vaccinated.
- A masterpiece.