Hello everyone! We’ve reached our last baseball-free weekend before the fall. Let’s get this one started with some links.
In Mariners news...
- This guy could be an exciting part of the M’s bullpen this year.
Domingo Tapia (oblique strain) throwing in live BP/sim game. He sat 97-98 mph and touched 99 a few times with heavy sink. pic.twitter.com/7rGnCLupir— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) March 26, 2021
Around the league...
- Remember when news dropped that the Rays were considering being in Tampa part-time and being in Montreal the rest of the time? Well it looks like the team is making progress towards making that a reality.
- Look at this rebuilding team refusing to manipulate their prospects’ service time.
Casey Mize has made the Tigers rotation, manager A.J. Hinch announced. Michael Fulmer will open the season in the bullpen.— Jason Beck (@beckjason) March 26, 2021
- Stephanie Apstein at Sports Illustrated wrote about José Altuve, and how the 2020 season went so wrong for him.
- The Major League Baseball Players Association is considering pulling the All-Star Game out of Atlanta in response to recent voter-restriction laws passed in the state of Georgia.
- I miss this man.
- Dee is a free agent once more.
- Our thoughts are with his friends and family as well as the entire Twins organization at this time.
The Twins announced that bench coach Mike Bell has died of cancer at age 46. Just tragic. Condolences to his family and friends. pic.twitter.com/78oi86qSG5— Mark Feinsand (@Feinsand) March 26, 2021
- Tony Wolfe at Fangraphs wonders why Rick Porcello, the best remaining free agent, still doesn’t have a home for 2021.