In Mariners News...
- Sheff making it look easy!
- The Mariners have reduced their Spring Training roster to 48, releasing RHP Gerson Bautista and optioning multiple players to the alternate site and minor league camp.
- Our very own Kate Preusser spoke with Seattle Met about the Mariners’ promising young players and her anticipation of an exciting season.
- Ryan Divish at The Seattle Times profiles Evan White and his aspirations for this season.
- Jarred Kelenic reflects on his determination, the work he’s put in leading up to this season, and more in Shannon Drayer’s latest.
Around The League...
- Bold move.
- Fangraphs has released their first 2021 Positional Power Rankings, beginning with first base by team WAR. The Mariners’ position, well, you can guess where the Mariners rank.
- The Cincinnati Reds have agreed on a minor league deal with former Indians RHP Heath Hembree, including an invitation to big league Spring Training. Hembree will look to compete for a spot in Cincinnati’s bullpen, which is hoping to fill some missing pieces after losing two pitchers since last season.
- The Angels are forced to face multiple injuries as Albert Pujols is day-to-day with a wrist contusion and infielder Franklin Baretto is shut down for 4-6 weeks after experiencing elbow inflammation.
- The Cleveland Indians have hired former reliever Dan Otero in a baseball operations role that will allow him to work with the advanced scouting department.