In Mariners News...
- James Paxton? Yea...he’s back. Shannon Drayer at 710 ESPN Seattle analyzes his outstanding Cactus League debut and the important boost in his confidence that it lead to.
- Also yesterday: JULIOOOO
Around The League...
- Kansas City Royals veteran catcher Salvador Perez has agreed on a four-year/$82 million extension, the richest deal in Royals history to date.
- In other Royals news, 2019 first-round pick Bobby Witt Jr. has been assigned to the minors to begin the season. He impressed the team during his appearances last season and at Spring Training this year with his development, so he is expected to return to the big league club within a few weeks.
- Cubs play-by-play announcer Beth Mowins has made history as the first woman to call a Chicago Cubs game. She filled a role for a Cactus League game last week, and is set to make her regular-season debut on May 8th at Wrigley Field.
- Diamondbacks reliever Tyler Clippard is expected to miss at least six weeks with a sprained right shoulder. Clippard’s injury occurred during a troubling outing against the Brewers last week, and has been diagnosed as a capsule sprain.
- This year’s NCAA tournament, like many before, is full of surprises. As we close out the Round of 32 today, who are your favorites heading into the Sweet 16?