Hello everyone! College basketball may be reigning supreme over the sporting landscape right now, but there’s still plenty of baseball news to get to.
In Mariners news...
- Lookin’ snazzy!
- MLB dropped an updated top 30 prospects list for the M’s.
- Corey Brock at The Athletic provides a host of updates from around Mariners camp. ($)
- Adam Jude at The Seattle Times finds some similarities between this spring and the 1989 spring of Ken Griffey, Jr.
- Effectively Wild, Fangraphs’ baseball podcast, previewed the 2021 season for the Mariners with Ryan Divish.
- This guy is going to be fun.
Asked if his speed and baserunning skills are underrated, Jarred Kelenic said his goal is to get 30 stolen bases this season.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) March 20, 2021
Around the league...
- Kumar Rocker is gonna be fun when he gets drafted.
- Jim Bowden at The Athletic outlines a handful of trades he would like to see before the season gets underway. ($)
Former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie will join the Mets’ Board of Directors, effective immediately, the team just announced.— Deesha (@DeeshaThosar) March 19, 2021
- Top Rockies prospect Brendan Rodgers continues to hit hurdles in his development as the infielder will miss at least a month due to a hamstring injury.
- Perhaps Félix will get back to throwing soon.