Good morning! The Mariners are back in action today with a 12:10 game against Cleveland, which will be available to listen on 710 ESPN Seattle. Before the game begins, catch up today’s links:
In Mariners News...
- Two future Mariners on the way! Congrats to Marco and Monica Gonzales, and Casey and Marin Sadler!
Adding to our roster August 2021! We are 2 for 2 with baseball season babes! pic.twitter.com/BSNza2RNBL— Casey Sadler (@sadler_squared) March 1, 2021
- Benjamin Hochman at the St. Louis Post-Dispatch explores Ken Griffey Jr,’s lasting impact on the game of baseball and how it has been highlighted by the recent baseball cards, merchandise lines, and shoe drops he’s featured in.
Around The League...
- The MLB.com staff predict the 2021 home run leaders and what to expect from each player this season.
- A new book about Glenn Burke, baseball’s first openly gay player, is set to be released today, and an excerpt about his story has been made available on the New York Times’ website.
- Jesse Dougherty at the Washington Post writes about National’s pitcher Erick Fedde and how adjustments to his pitch arsenal have led to increased confidence.
- The Mets have announced that they will wear a “41” patch on their jerseys this season to pay tribute to the legendary Tom Seaver.