In Mariners News...
- Yusei Kikuchi recorded 6 strikeouts in under 4 innings in his dominant performance against the Brewers yesterday:
Yusei Kikuchi's day is done.— Alex Fast (@AlexFast8) March 14, 2021
3.1 IP, 0 ER, 2 H, 1 BB, 6 K
Sat 95-96 on the heater.
SL looked great.
Here are all of his Ks pic.twitter.com/0gpugLVtTl
Around The League...
- Cardinals RHP Jordan Hick’s first appearance since Tommy John surgery led to a record 22-pitch at-bat for Luis Guillorme that ended with Guillorme drawing a walk.
- The Cincinnati Reds have claimed Carson Fulmer off waivers from Pittsburgh after a spot opened on their roster due to Joey Votto’s positive COVID-19 test. Fulmer made 10 appearances for the Tigers and Orioles combined last season, posting a 4.35 ERA with 11 strikeouts.
- Former Mariner Austin Nola has fractured his finger after catching a foul tip off of his glove during the Padres’ Cactus League game on Saturday. It is unclear whether he’ll be ready for Opening Day, and although the Padres have a solid back up catcher in Victor Caratini, the team is hopeful he’ll return before April.
- Jon Morosi profiles former MLB veteran Ian Kinsler as he prepares for Team Israel’s upcoming Olympic run. Kinsler is excited for the opportunity to represent his heritage and hopes to inspire a new group of young athletes in Israel.
- The Dodgers have announced that Clayton Kershaw will make his ninth opening-day start.