Good morning everyone! Here’s the latest from around baseball.
In Mariners news...
- This should help the M’s make more money from their ownership of the network.
According to sources the Blazers will make the jump to ROOT Sports for the 2021-22 season. https://t.co/TtY8PEkbVt— Maury Brown (@BizballMaury) March 12, 2021
- Forbes did a special story on Braden Bishop and his charity work.
- Some video of George Kirby in camp.
George Kirby played a little target practice today with his changeup.— Daniel Kramer (@DKramer_) March 13, 2021
“Just trying to see how much horizontal spin as I can. I know when that happens, it’s usually a good pitch.” pic.twitter.com/ifVhUAgbUE
Around the league...
- Francisco Lindor is the topic of Sports Illustrated’s cover story, as the shortstop attempts to make the Mets relevant again.
- The writing staff at MLB.com picks the must-see players for the 2021 season.
- Whoa, that’s a wild little nugget.
People loved the MC Hammer photo. Before MC Hammer became famous, he was the batboy for the Oakland A’s. He got his nickname because players from Oakland thought he looked identical to Hank Aaron. pic.twitter.com/dfKOxIwIgb— BaseballHistoryNut (@nut_history) March 12, 2021
- Cleveland has sent former Mariner Mike Freeman to the Reds.
- Jayson Jenks and Rustin Dodd at The Athletic talk to Zack Greinke’s former catchers to get a sense of what the right-hander is like on the mound. ($)
- Looks pretty neat!