Good morning everyone! Here’s the latest from around baseball.
In Mariners news...
- We’ve got another top prospect in camp.
George Kirby has cleared intake protocols and will be in MLB camp now.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) March 10, 2021
- The M’s have made some structural changes to the front office in the wake of the Kevin Mather resignation.
- Tony Wolfe at Fangraphs previews the upcoming season for Yusei Kikuchi, which is make-or-break for the left-hander.
Around the league...
- I’m sure there won’t be any problems with this whatsoever...
BREAKING: The Rangers will allow 100 percent occupancy - masks required - at Globe Life Field for opening day the team announces. More to come.— Evan Grant (@Evan_P_Grant) March 10, 2021
- In just a few days, the Savannah Bananas summer ball team will kick off a new form of baseball known as “banana ball.”
- We miss you and wish you much success, Brian.
Mets have hired Brian DeLunas to be their special projects coordinator.— Michael Mayer (@mikemayer22) March 1, 2021
He specializes in biomechanics and worked in the Mariners organization since 2017.
DeLunas spent time as Mariners bullpen coach, with Edwin Diaz praising him for his work.
- Let this guy catch a break.
Carlos Carrasco has soreness in his elbow. He has also been experiencing some body aches due to the second COVID-19 vaccine he received yesterday.— Deesha (@DeeshaThosar) March 10, 2021
He’ll take a break from throwing for a few days. This is “nothing too concerning,” Luis Rojas said.
- Top Astros prospect Forrest Whitley will in fact undergo Tommy John surgery.
- A gambler has been sentenced to up to five years in prison after sending threatening messages to Rays players online.
- The Reds have placed first baseman Joey Votto on the injured list after the veteran tested positive for COVID-19.
- What an incredible flex from Netflix.