In Mariners News...
- You just absolutely love to see it: In the Mariners’ first Spring Training game of 2021, Julio Rodriguez hits a walk-off single to score Jarred Kelenic in a 5-4 win against the Padres. A glimpse of the future perhaps?
Here's Julio Rodriguez's walk-off single scoring Jarred Kelenic in the Mariners' 5-4 win. pic.twitter.com/0o9qp6Nkx4— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) February 28, 2021
Around The League...
- The A’s are advancing with the creation of their new stadium as they release a Draft Environmental Impact Report that includes a 35,000-person capacity ballpark, public waterfront access, and more.
The Oakland Athletics are one step closer to a new ballpark at Howard Terminal.— Front Office Sports (@FOS) February 28, 2021
The City of Oakland released a Draft Environmental Impact Report for the privately-funded project. pic.twitter.com/44vauVROCz
- Royals third baseman Hunter Dozier has agreed on a four-year/$25 million extension with the club. The contract also includes bonuses and a fifth-year option for $10 million.
- The Cubs have DFA’d RHP Robert Stock to make room on the roster for left-hander Kyle Ryan, who was recently cleared from the COVID-19 list.
- The Blue Jays have acquired LHP Travis Bergen from the Diamondbacks in exchange for cash considerations.
- RHP Drew Hutchison has agreed to a minor-league deal with the Tigers. He will not join Major League Spring Training but will report to the team’s mini-camp in Lakeland, Florida.
- Orioles’ Trey Mancini reflects on his powerful first at-bat since recovering from a cancer battle in 2020.