Hello folks and welcome to the weekend! We’re just one day away from spring training games, and stuff is still happening. Let’s get to it.
In Mariners news...
- I’ve never wanted to know what was said in a single conversation more than this.
Learning from the best. pic.twitter.com/75d6eZXz2R— Mariners Player Development (@MsPlayerDev) February 27, 2021
- The good news is that Ryan Divish spoke to Julio about his relationship with Ichiro and how that has helped him get acclimated.
- Speaking of, I am absolutely stunned that Ichiro has fewer hits against the Marlins and Brewers than he does against Seattle.
Ichiro had at least 1 hit vs every team in @MLB... Here's a visualization showing how many he had vs each team. pic.twitter.com/48mQhW0G0H— Daren Willman (@darenw) February 26, 2021
- Is it time to hop back on the Justin Dunn hype train?
Dunn was pumping 96 mph fastballs to Evan White and then snapped off a nasty breaking ball for a called strike 3. pic.twitter.com/kesKUzvYGg— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) February 26, 2021
- Divish talked to Dunn about the many changes he made this offseason.
- Man, I could watch these all day.
Cal Raleigh goes big fly off of James Paxton in live BP pic.twitter.com/cJUsNEDXZt— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) February 26, 2021
- The Mariners announced that 13 players in their Dominican academy have graduated from their CENAPEC program.
Around the league...
- The Braves have extended the contract of manager Brian Snitker through the 2023 season.
- Joe Lemire at The New York Times discussed the book “Thanking, Fast and Slow” which has become a staple in baseball front offices despite not being about baseball.
- Reliever Jesse Chavez has signed a deal with the Angels, which makes sense considering he seems to always exist in the AL West.