Hello folks and happy Friday! Here’s the latest from around baseball.
In Mariners news...
- Oh man, this guy is gonna be fun.
Jarred Kelenic just hit a ball off Gerson Bautista pic.twitter.com/duGkJZLVsG— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) February 25, 2021
- There will understandably be an increased lens on Jarred Kelenic and whether or not he will make the Opening Day roster this spring, writes Larry Stone.
Around the league...
- A handful of MLB analysts drafted a team of the best players under the age of 25. A pair of Mariners made appearances.
- Ben Clemens at Fangraphs explains why deals like the one Fernando Tatis, Jr. signed aren’t more common.
- A couple of former Mariners seem to be having fun in their new home (well, newer for one guy than the other).
.@rhyshoskins on the mic today has inspired us to bring up an important debate: Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle? pic.twitter.com/vWE0kBJ2ek— Philadelphia Phillies (@Phillies) February 24, 2021
- Eno Sarris at The Athletic discussed a few pitchers who made major repertoire changes last season. ($)
- Top Tigers prospect Spencer Torkelson will miss some time after cutting his finger on a can opener. Sounds like a very Gen Z injury.