In Mariners News...
- You can never have too many Dylan Moore hype videos.
Straight out the gate #MLB2021 #SeaUsRise— Dylan Moore (@d_moore22) February 15, 2021
Cc: @Mariners pic.twitter.com/uuPuW21rHm
- Corey Brock at The Athletic explores the unlikely bond between Jared Kelenic and Julio Rodriguez and the impact they’ve made on the Mariners’ organization. ($)
- Jake Mailhot analyzes the Mariners’ acquisition of James Paxton, taking a look at how he fits in to the rotation and what risks he could bring.
Around The League...
- Free agent and former Cubs second baseman Jason Kipnis has signed with the Braves on a minor-league contract with an invitation to spring training. In a statement following the signing, he praised the Cubs for their hospitality and although he never got to play in front of fans due to the shortened season, he was grateful for the opportunity to compete for his hometown team.
- With no plans to retire just yet, Bartolo Colon has signed a one-year contract with the Acereros de Monclova of the Mexican Baseball League at the age of 47.
- Adding much-needed outfield depth, the Mets have signed Kevin Pillar to a one-year deal that is pending a physical. The contract guarantees Pillar $5 million over year one, and potentially up to $10 million in a second year.
- Baseball America examines what makes a player a prospect, and provides a guide for understanding how many prospects are in each team’s farm system. ($)
- The Rockies have signed free agent C.J. Cron to a minor league deal with an invitation to spring training.
- The Twins and RHP Matt Shoemaker have agreed to a one-year/$2 million deal including up to $250,000 in bonuses.
- Wow, making it look easy!
HOW DID SHE DO THIS @FSU_Softball #SCtop10 pic.twitter.com/fxpF8e4WzB— ACC Network (@accnetwork) February 15, 2021