Good morning everyone and happy Thursday! Let’s get to the latest from around the world of baseball.
In Mariners news...
- Corey Brock at The Athletic wrote about Marco Gonzales’ efforts to coach the next wave of young M’s arms. ($)
Around the league...
- On the same day that Baseball America ranked the Mariners’ farm system as being the second-best in the league, Keith Law at The Athletic released a list that had them at 13th. Scouting is a subjective art, folks. ($)
- Gonna self-plug here and note that I wrote my first story over at Pitcher List, discussing Brewers outfielder Avisaíl García and what lies ahead for him.
- Ryan Braun, who is currently a free agent, is mulling over the idea of retirement.
- MLB Network began its countdown of the top 100 players in the league, and a good friend of ours checked in at 93.
- The Red Sox are closing in on a two-year agreement with Japanese right-hander Hirokazu Sawamura.
- We had a three-team deal yesterday!
The three-way trade is done, sources tell ESPN.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) February 11, 2021
Royals get: OF Andrew Benintendi
Mets get: OF Khalil Lee
Red Sox get: OF Franchy Cordero, RHP Josh Winckowski, two PTBNLs from Kansas City, one PTBNL from New York