Hello folks and welcome to the final day of 2021! Here’s what you need to know as we cap off the year.
In Mariners news...
- Corey Brock at The Athletic answered a number of 2022 Mariners questions in his end-of-year mailbag, including the potential closer for Seattle next year and the future of Evan White. ($)
Around the league...
- Jonathan Mayo breaks down the five most improved farm systems in baseball since the start of 2021.
- Former A’s prospect and current Marlin Jesús Luzardo credits former Mariners farmhand Alex Jackson with helping him improve his confidence on the mound after the trade.
- Anthony Franco at MLB Trade Rumors wonders if the Nationals might be willing to trade Josh Bell just one year after acquiring him from Pittsburgh.
- Jay Jaffe at Fangraphs unveiled his Hall of Fame ballot yesterday. It includes a player who nobody has really been talking about this cycle.
- My resolution for 2022: bully restaurants into making skinnier (but wider) burgers. This should also apply to sandwiches. Nobody should be breaking their jaw over a BLT.
here’s my issue. why are fancy burgers so tall. what do you expect me to do with that? unlock my jaw like a serpent? no. i can’t accommodate that. a good burger should have a wider circumference, not more height. think about a frisbee. or a vinyl. that’s ambition, that’s progress— super mario griff (@griffski) December 30, 2021