Good morning everyone! The baseball season has finally come to a close. The offseason will begin posthaste! With that, here’s everything you need to know today.
In playoff news...
- Atlanta left little doubt in their dominant 7-0 win over the Astros in a decisive Game 6 of the World Series. It marks Atlanta’s first MLB championship since 1995.
- Oh yeah, and this guy won World Series MVP.
CRANK THAT (SOLER BOY) pic.twitter.com/qwwCkyfNSD— Cut4 (@Cut4) November 3, 2021
In Mariners news...
- With Kyle Seager now officially bound for free agency, Corey Brock at The Athletic broke down Seattle’s options at the hot corner going forward. ($)
- But did Mariners prospects really come to Seattle if they didn’t throw fish at Pike Place?
Doing the fish toss at Pike Place Market when you’re touring the city is a must #SeaUsRise pic.twitter.com/fiQ1YLBVxa— Mariners Player Development (@MsPlayerDev) November 2, 2021
- The Mariners might be looking at the international market for help in the outfield.
https://t.co/iUBzW0xjA7 The Mariners are one of 6 teams with interest in Japanese free agent OF Seiya Suzuki. The articles mentions a 3/$21MM as a baseline for a potential contract.— Jerry Savage Dipoto (@SavageDipoto) November 2, 2021
- A strange organizational relationship finally comes to a close.
#Mariners have released OF Eric Filia.— MiLB-Transactions (@tombaseball29) November 2, 2021
Around the league...
- Matthew Roberson at The New York Daily News told the story of Atlanta’s fantastic postseason.
- Here is a final bit Guillermo Heredia content for the season.
Guillermo Heredia is ready for his close-up. ⭐— MLB (@MLB) November 2, 2021
Watch the latest episode of Play Loud now! https://t.co/42pw2Y4n5b
(MLB x @BankOfAmerica) pic.twitter.com/cW2is0mqgt
- As Steve Adams and Anthony Franco at MLB Trade Rumors outline, the Mets are still having trouble recruiting a new general manager.