In playoff news...
- Ken Rosenthal at The Athletic addresses the lineup and tactical changes that the Houston Astros used to revive their offense in game five of the World Series, and how they look to improve for game six. ($)
In Mariners news...
- The Mariners have fired longtime clubhouse manager Ryan Stiles through a phone call last week.
Long-time clubhouse manager Ryan Stiles has been let go by the Mariners. In a phone call, a surprised and disappointed Stiles confirmed that GM Jerry Dipoto informed him of the decision in a phone call last week.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) November 1, 2021
A 1992 graduate of R.A. Long in Longview where he was baseball and football standout, Stiles was promoted to clubhouse manager in April 1, 2013. He was hired by the M’s as an office services coordinator in 1998, working in the mailroom of the Kingdome.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) November 1, 2021
Around the league...
- Cast your votes for the MiLBY Awards today!
The MiLBY Awards are back!— Minor League Baseball (@MiLB) October 12, 2021
Cast your ballots now in these categories:
✔️ Top Offensive Player
✔️ Top Starting Pitcher
✔️ Top Reliever
✔️ Top Play
✔️ Top Home Run
✔️ Best Feel-Good Moment
✔️ Best Blooper
✔️ Best Team
️ https://t.co/XJbraQkJru pic.twitter.com/RaDSDSKzT9
- The Texas Rangers have hired former San Francisco Giants hitting coach Donnie Ecker as their new bench coach and offensive coordinator, where he will oversee the organization’s hitting program at both major and minor league levels.
- In another coaching addition for the Arizona Diamondbacks, Jeff Banister has been hired as their new bench coach.
- Ryan McBroom has been released by the Kansas City Royals in order to allow him to sign with a professional team in Asia.
- The New York Mets are reportedly parting ways with general manager Zack Scott after less than a year with the organization.