Good morning folks! Let’s get your Thursday going with some links.
In playoff news...
- Former Mariner Chris Taylor bashed a walk-off homer to push the Dodgers past the Cardinals in the National League wild card game.
In Mariners news...
- Ty France might just win the Gold Glove this year.
Around the league...
- The Arizona Fall League rosters were released in full.
- When will every fan base just give up on the idea of their team bringing in Theo Epstein?
Heard Steve Cohen and Theo Epstein have had a conversation and decided that this would not be the right opportunity for Epstein. So he is out as a possible head of baseball operations for the #Mets.— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) October 6, 2021
- Cleveland has officially cut ties with former No. 1 overall draft pick Brady Aiken, who has struggled in the minors with the organization.
- Shakeia Taylor says it’s time for the league to take charge and make it easier for minority candidates to get top jobs in Major League Baseball.
- Another head rolls in San Diego after a disappointing season.
- The American League wild card game was the most-watched MLB game on ESPN in over 20 years.
- Red Sox announcer Sean McDonough mocked the name of Giants GM Farhan Zaidi live on air during the wild card game.
- James Wagner at The New York Times wrote about the White Sox and how the team has embraced its Latino-centric clubhouse culture.
- Broadcaster Matt Vasgersian is leaving ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball.
- Congratulations to our very own Connor Donovan on becoming a Wife Guy!