Game 162...let’s do this thing.
In Mariners news...
- Ryan Divish at The Seattle Times wrote about Kyle Seager’s likely final homestand and the legacy he leaves behind.
- The Mariners reinstated reliever Andrés Muñoz from the 60-day injured list, giving him the chance to make his M’s debut in the final game of the season.
Around the league...
- Trying to figure out how all of the playoff and play-in scenarios could shake out? David Schoenfield at ESPN has you covered.
- Clayton Kershaw might miss the postseason, which would obviously be a major blow to the Dodgers.
- The Rockies have promoted their interim GM to full-time GM.
The Colorado Rockies have named Bill Schmidt as the fourth general manager in franchise history. pic.twitter.com/KLyFG9d9fO— Rockies Club Information (@RockiesClubInfo) October 2, 2021
- Meanwhile, more heads fly in San Diego.
Jayce Tingler will be relieved of managerial duties by the Padres. Tingler is a solid baseball man who did a good job last season. But considering the team’s lofty expectations and late-season collapse, this news was eaxpected.— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) October 2, 2021
- Joey Votto is a hero in Cincinnati on the field, but off the field he is equally revered.