It’s been a quiet offseason so far in Seattle Mariners land, but there are some small developments to discuss. The Mariners have brought a Mariners legend into the front office fold to help oversee the rise to contention. A few notable names have been designated for assignment and will be moving on, opening up 40 man roster spots for future Mariners yet to come. But most of all, the Oakland Athletics have begun a painful dismantling process that the Mariners just might be in a position to benefit from.
- KGJ returns to the team in an ownership capacity
- LJay, Ryan Webber, Sam Haggerty, Shed Long, Jake Bauers, others DFA’d
- Will Jake Fraley pass through waivers?
- Punching down on the disintegrating Oakland Athletics
- Shaking out the future of the AL West
- Trading from the Mariners prospect surplus?
- Potential trades in the bullpen (Sadler, Steckenrider)