In playoff news...
- The crew to begin the 2021 World Series.
- David Schoenfield at ESPN provides a complete analysis of everything you need to know before game one tonight.
In Mariners news...
- Great to see Mariners prospects taking some time to prioritize community service work.
- Congrats to Haniger and Seager on being named 2021 Silver Slugger award finalists!
Mitch Haniger and Kyle Seager are finalists for the Silver Slugger award at their respective positions pic.twitter.com/Q8SMNNHzMq— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) October 25, 2021
- Ken Griffey Jr. has joined the Seattle Mariners ownership group, becoming the first player in team history to do so. Making it clear that he is focused on winning and bringing a championship to Seattle, Griffey is excited to assume a new role with the Mariners and continue to build relationships with the fans, team, and city.
- MLB Network’s Jon Morosi joins Wyman and Bob on 710 ESPN Seattle to discuss the reasons why Marcus Semien and Trevor Story make sense for the Mariners to target this offseason.
Around the league...
- MLB has launched their first annual Diversity Pipeline Scout Development Program, an initiative featuring classroom sessions and scouting opportunities during Arizona Fall league games as part of a goal to diversify talent for MLB teams.
- With the Los Angeles Dodgers yet to discuss a contract extension and one year left on his current contract, manager Dave Roberts hopes that he can work out a deal to stay with the Dodgers for multiple seasons to come.
- The Colorado Rockies are planning to promote bullpen coach Darryl Scott to pitching coach to take the place of Steve Foster, who will be stepping down prior to the start of the 2022 season.