In playoff news...
- Joc Pederson’s pearl necklace has become the talk of the playoffs with its unique style, and his jeweler speaks on the details that went into the new project.
- Multiple starters have made relief appearances in the playoffs so far, a trend that could continue in high leverage situations during this year’s World Series, writes Mike Petriello at MLB.com.
- Astros manager Dusty Baker has announced Framber Valdez as the World Series game one starter against the Atlanta Braves tomorrow night.
- Lance McCullers Jr. has been ruled out for the 2021 World Series.
Astros ace Lance McCullers won’t be able to pitch in the World Series. He helped Houston into the LCS, but he hasn’t been able to throw since.— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) October 25, 2021
In Mariners news...
- Marco doing what he does best.
Around the league...
- According to multiple sources, the St. Louis Cardinals are planning to hire bench coach Oli Marmol as their new manager, making him the youngest manager in MLB.
The St. Louis Cardinals plan to hire Oli Marmol as their new manager, sources tell ESPN. Marmol, 35, served as their bench coach last season and is extremely well-regarded within the org. He was the favorite from the start. Press conference at 10a Monday. @katiejwoo was on it.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) October 25, 2021
- The San Diego Padres continue to add new staff as well, as former Cleveland Indians assistant pitching coach Ruben Nielba is set to take on a role for the Padres as their next pitching coach.
The Padres haven't picked their manager yet, but according to sources, they are locking in on Ruben Niebla to be their next pitching coach. He's been the assistant pitching coach with the Indians.— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) October 24, 2021