Good morning everyone! Let’s wipe off those tears and get ready to watch the M’s climb back into it tonight. Here are some links for you as you start your Saturday.
In Mariners news...
- Jay Jaffe at Fangraphs dove into the numbers from a crazy season for the Mariners.
- Also at Fangraphs, our very own Jake Mailhot shined a light on the September heroes for Seattle.
Around the league...
- What went wrong for the Padres this year? Ken Rosenthal, Dennis Lin and Eno Sarris at The Athletic spoke to several members of the organization in an effort to answer that question. ($)
- Jeremy Willis at ESPN celebrated the Orioles social media team for their hilarious antics during this postseason chase, even though Baltimore isn’t directly part of it.
- Carlos Correa might leave the Astros in free agency, but he’ll have to get through José Altuve first.
- The Cardinals are bringing back one of the heroes of their stretch run.
- Atlanta is calling up one of its top pitching prospects.
Sources tell me that after making another appearance in Gwinnett, Spencer Strider will indeed be getting called up to the Atlanta Braves. Whoa.— Eric Cole (@leprekhan) October 1, 2021
- Meanwhile, the Pirates are calling up top infield prospect Oneil Cruz.