Good morning everybody! We had an exciting game between the Giants and Dodgers yesterday to decide the final participant in the NLCS. Let’s get to all of that and more as the next stage of the MLB playoffs commences.
In playoff news...
- The Dodgers got the last laugh this season in a thrilling 2-1 win over the Giants in Game 5 of the NLDS. Max Scherzer earned his first career save in the contest.
In Mariners news...
- Mitch Haniger wrote a piece at The Players’ Tribune in which he poured out his thoughts on his career so far, the 2021 season, and calling the Mariners’ shot in 2022.
- Our good friend Julio Rodríguez launched his own personal YouTube channel yesterday.
- The Mariners have a very interesting group going to their High Performance Camp.
Our 2021 High Performance Camp attendees ⬇️ pic.twitter.com/kjUGzQ9Nc6— Mariners Player Development (@MsPlayerDev) October 14, 2021
- New Mariners fan LavWrites documented her feelings on the 2021 season and how the Lookout Landing community made a positive impact in her first experience with the team.
Around the league...
- Even though stolen bases took a sharp decline in the last 20 years or so, they’re steadily on the rise once more, writes Jared Diamond at the Wall Street Journal.
- The Astros might be without one of their key starters for the upcoming series.
There is great concern for McCullers in the short term, and he’s most likely out for the ALCS— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) October 14, 2021
- Even though Aaron Boone is expected to stick around in New York beyond this year, his supporting cast is headed out the door.
Yankees have decided not to renew deals with hitting coach Marcus Thames, 3b coach Phil Nevin as @lindseyadler 1st reported.— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) October 14, 2021
- Despite a September run for the ages, the Cardinals have cut ties with manager Mike Shildt.
- Rays minor league pitcher David Hess is undergoing chemotherapy to remove a cancerous tumor in his chest. Our love goes out to him and his family during this challenging time.