Good morning folks! We had a baseball-free day yesterday but the final ticket to the NLCS will be punched today when the Giants and Dodgers face off in Game 5. Until then, here’s what you need to know today.
In Mariners news...
- The Mariners organization was on fire this year!
- Zach DeLoach kicked off the Arizona Fall League with a bang.
- Great news for PNW fans who want more access to their favorite teams.
NEW: ROOT Sports and DirecTV reach deal to have Kraken and Trail Blazers games shown on DirecTV and DirecTV Stream as of Thursday. Also, more on when fuboTV will go live with ROOT Sports on its streaming platform. https://t.co/kycpSkFebe #SEAKraken #NHL #Trailblazers2021 #RSN— Geoff Baker (@GeoffBakerTIMES) October 13, 2021
Around the league...
- Players in the independent Atlantic League aren’t totally thrilled that they’re being used as guinea pigs for potential rule changes in professional baseball. But several of them are still thankful the game is trying them out.
- Kevin Long has landed a new gig.
#Phillies officially announce the hiring of Kevin Long.— Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) October 13, 2021
One of the best hitting coaches in the business. One of the very best of modern times, to be honest.
An excellent hire. His track record says it all.
- The Cubs are on the verge of hiring Cleveland’s Carter Hawkins to be the organization’s new general manager, writes Brittany Ghiroli at The Athletic. ($)
- Unsurprisingly, the Mariners were one of the biggest over-performers this year.
some postseason off-day content for you folks on this Wednesday evening:— Céspedes Family BBQ (@CespedesBBQ) October 13, 2021
how all 30 MLB teams fared compared to various preseason projections + Vegas over/under win totals
(this is not meant to dunk on any of these projections; just fun to look back at the biggest surprises) pic.twitter.com/rT2wofXsn9