In playoff news...
- The Boston Red Sox’s second walk-off win in a row has clinched them a spot in the ALCS, facing either the Houston Astros or Chicago White Sox on Friday in ALCS game one. The Astros-White Sox game yesterday was postponed due to rain, and will be made up this afternoon.
- One win away from their second straight NLCS, the Atlanta Braves power to a 3-0 win over the Brewers, highlighted by Jon Pederson’s pitch-hit home run.
- Also one win away from the NLCS are the San Francisco Giants, who cruised to a 1-0 win over the Los Angeles Dodgers to take game three.
- Ryan Tepera implies that the Astros could be reverting to their old ways:
White Sox reliever Ryan Tepera on the Astros: "They've had a reputation of doing some sketchy stuff over there. We can say it's a little bit of a difference. I think you saw the swings and misses tonight compared to the first two games at Minute Maid."— Chandler Rome (@Chandler_Rome) October 11, 2021
- Incredible play by the San Francisco Giants’ shortstop.
In Mariners news...
- A complete list of the Seattle Mariners’ arbitration eligible players and their projected salaries:
- After an outstanding 2021 season, what’s stopping Julio Rodriguez from securing a spot on the 2022 Opening Day Roster? The Mariners aren’t putting anything past him, writes Corey Brock at The Athletic.
Around the league...
- Former Nationals hitting coach Kevin Long will be joining Joe Girardi on the Philadelphia Phillies’ coaching staff.
News: Kevin Long is going to join Joe Girardi's staff as a hitting coach, sources tell me and @MattGelb.— Britt Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) October 11, 2021
The former Nationals hitting coach will be reunited with Girardi and Rob Thomson, who he coached with in New York. Will also be reunited with Bryce Harper.