With a hat tip to Ashley MacLennan’s FPF prompt over at D-Rays Bay, we are going full fantasy sports commissioner mode here today. No, like an actual fantasy, not the thing where you pretend-draft players and stuff (oLLds scream somewhere off in distance, “NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR FANTASY TEAM!!!!!”)
Anyways, let’s go!
If you were in charge, how would you fix baseball?
Congrats! You’re the boss of baseball now and you presumably actually like the game unlike a certain Rob Manfred. Give me a rundown of your first season in office. Here are some categories to consider:
- What in-game rules would you change and why?
- What structural changes to the game would you make and why?
- What changes would you make the playoffs?
- What things would you try to change about the in-person game experience? For example, start a league-wide program that allows kids to get in free to games on Sunday or something like that.
- Who would you fire and/or hire?
Leave your answers in the comments below or if you’re feeling verbose and creative, write a FanPost and give me your whole commish action plan.