Hello everyone! It seems like we’re in the middle of the big week of the offseason, so let’s get to the latest news.
In Mariners news...
- Daniel Kramer wrote about Juan Then, the top M’s prospect you may have forgotten about.
Around the league...
- The Propsects Live staff put out their second mock of the 2021 MLB Draft.
- It seems like the Dodgers are feeling threatened by the Padres making moves.
The Los Angeles Dodgers are monitoring the market for right-hander Trevor Bauer and could be a player depending on the price, sources tell ESPN. Focus for the Dodgers now remains on a right-handed infield bat, but Bauer and the Dodgers remain a possibility as his market develops.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 20, 2021
- After a false report circulated that said Michael Brantley had signed a deal with Toronto, the outfielder decided to go back to Houston.
MLB source: #Astros reach an agreement with Michael Brantley on a two-year deal worth $32 million.— Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) January 20, 2021
- Catcher Jason Castro is also returning to the Astros on a one-year contract.
- Another former Mariner winds up in the Twin Cities.
Left-hander J.A. Happ and the Minnesota Twins are in agreement on a one-year deal, pending physical, sources tell ESPN.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 20, 2021
- Michael Baumann of The Ringer wonders if the White Sox have clearly set themselves up as the best team in the AL Central.
- Some of those teams near the bottom are truly surprising.
Every teams biggest signing this offseason. Deals in red are minor league deals pic.twitter.com/taQATHk4M7— Make Matters Worse Puppet (@chicken__puppet) January 21, 2021