Hello everyone! Yesterday was a big day for pre-arbitration agreements. Dozens of players around the league settled on new contracts with their teams to avoid going to arbitration. We’re also starting to see more free agents come off the board. Here’s everything you need to know today.
In Mariners news...
- The Mariners have settled with all three of their arbitration-eligible players.
- The M’s also signed some international players.
- The first 2021 episode of Vibin’ with JROD features a guy we haven’t seen much from yet.
Around the league...
- Jayson Stark at The Athletic checks in on the market for J.T. Realmuto. ($)
- We have the final details on the DJ LeMahieu deal: The Yankees are giving him $90M over six years.
- The Tri-City ValleyCats are suing the Houston Astros and Major League Baseball over their lost affiliation.
- A familiar backstop returns to the division.
Angels in agreement with free-agent catcher Kurt Suzuki on one-year, $1.5M contract, source tells The Athletic.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 15, 2021
- Well, I certainly didn’t see this coming.
➡️ Ex-Houston Astros GM Jeff Luhnow is working with folks associated with the Netflix show Club de Cuervos to buy a Mexican soccer club, per sources.— Paul Tenorio (@PaulTenorio) January 15, 2021
➡️ RBNY is close to signing U.S. U-20 winger Cameron Harper from Celtic.
Notebook w/ @samstejskal: https://t.co/62SHNYWOEz pic.twitter.com/yTdvNfy26Z
- On the heels of NFL’s Nickelodeon broadcast for the playoffs, C. Trent Rosecrans and Richasrd Deitsch wonders what it would look like if an MLB game was featured on the network. ($)
- Well, the Yankees did need starting pitching help.
Kluber's deal with the Yankees is expected to be for one year and $11 million, per source.— Mark Feinsand (@Feinsand) January 16, 2021