In Mariners News...
- ICYMI: The Mariners showed their appreciation for the fans this season by teaming up in a sweet thank you video.
- Jerry Dipoto is optimistic for a contending team next season and mentions building a strong bullpen as one of the Mariners’ main focuses.
- Nick Groke and Corey Brock at The Athletic write about what the Mariners’ rebuilding period can teach the Rockies, who had similar goals to those of the Mariners. ($)
Around The League...
- Wow! What a season for Starling Marte.
Starling Marté finished the regular season with the most games played in baseball this year: 61 in a 60-game season after getting traded from the Pirates to the Marlins—who had a handful of games to make up—at the trade deadline.— Hannah Keyser (@HannahRKeyser) September 28, 2020
His hat from Game 61 will go to the Hall of Fame.
- The Blue Jays and Rays have announced the pitching matchups for their Wild Card series, catch Game One today at 2 pm PST.
As seen on @timandsid, here are the pitching matchups for the #BlueJays Wild Card Round series vs the Rays pic.twitter.com/9cR6w2KkSv— Sportsnet Stats (@SNstats) September 28, 2020
- Derek Jeter will be experiencing the playoffs a little bit different this year, entering the 2020 postseason as the Marlins’ chief executive.
- The Red Sox will be parting ways with Ron Roenicke after one season as manager.
- Former Mariner James Pazos has been DFA’d by the Rockies.
- The Angels have fired Bill Eppler after failing to reach the postseason through five seasons as general manger.
- The A’s will activate RHP J.B. Wendelken for their Wild Card series vs. the White Sox. Watch their first game tomorrow at 12 PM PST.