In Mariners news...
- Remember recent Mariners draftee Zach DeLoach? Corey Brock at The Athletic talked to the outfielder about his offensive adjustments. ($)
- Shannon Drayer spoke to Jerry Dipoto about the progress of Logan Gilbert and Jarred Kelenic, and of course also the speculation of their potential debuts.
- For all of you pitching geeks out there...
Are you ready for this guy, #Seattle? Emerson Hancock: 6th overall draft pick coming from @BaseballUGA with some nice spin @EmersonHancock_ @Mariners #baseball #pitching @PitchingNinja @FlatgroundApphttps://t.co/LPyzifUQVT pic.twitter.com/OZLJv7SyDv— Rapsodo Baseball (@rapsodo) September 18, 2020
Around the league...
- The White Sox made the rare decision to promote their most recent top draft selection, left-handed pitcher Garrett Crochet.
- Michael Baumann at The Ringer nominates a handful of players as the most pivotal in the sport in the final week-plus.
- William Boor profiles some of the freshest talent to come out of Latin America, including Noelvi Marte.
- Never too old to be a mama’s boy.
José Abreu said he’s honored by the MVP talk, but:— James Fegan (@JRFegan) September 18, 2020
“What is important is I am my mom’s MVP every single day" pic.twitter.com/XFMed2YS6b
- As the fight for social justice continues.
Giancarlo Stanton took a knee during the Anthem at Fenway. pic.twitter.com/ysnkt3lxOS— Marly Rivera (@MarlyRiveraESPN) September 18, 2020
- Dan Szymborski at Fangraphs wonders how likely it is that José Altuve collects 3,000 hits in his career.
- The Rays might be without outfielder Austin Meadows in the postseason after the outfielder suffered an oblique strain.