Hello folks! Let’s kick off your Friday with a fresh batch of links.
In Mariners news...
- Corey Brock at The Athletic got Rick Rizzs’ take on the Kyle Lewis home run robbery and how it compares to The Kid. ($)
- You can pretty much stick a fork in that conversation.
#Mariners GM Jerry Dipoto on the team's timeline for bringing up yound players such as Jarred Kelenic and Logan Gilbert:— Jessamyn McIntyre (@JessamynMcIntyr) September 17, 2020
"We're gonna stay disciplined."
Says they're committed to building a sustainable winning team.
- The Mariners have successfully outrighted Jimmy Yacabonis to the Alternate Site.
Around the league...
- Jacob deGrom is going to try to pull it out for the Mets, who have had rotten luck keeping pitchers healthy.
Jacob deGrom says he thinks he can make two more starts this season, as he would regardless of injury.— Anthony DiComo (@AnthonyDiComo) September 17, 2020
"I think it's something we can manage," he said of his hamstring injury.
- Ben Clemens at Fangraphs opined on how expanded playoffs could sour the sport.
- A number of writers at The Athletic also gave their takes on the potential change. Check out columns from Keith Law, Joe Posnanski, and Ken Rosenthal. ($)
- Man, what a cursed image.
The White Sox are going to the postseason for the first time since they had Ken Griffey Jr. in their lineup.— Andrew Simon (@AndrewSimonMLB) September 17, 2020
(Yes, that really happened. There are pictures). pic.twitter.com/EbW4dY2qkY
- Well, this is a new one: Josh Donaldson got tossed from yesterday’s game during his home run trot.
- Mike Yastrzemski will undergo an MRI on his calf today after exiting yesterday’s contest.
- Seattle’s own Breanna Stewart got runner-up to the league’s crown.