In Mariners News...
- Knew that catch looked familiar...
Rick Rizzs getting to call both Junior’s & Lewis’ web gems 30 years apart is incredible on so many levels pic.twitter.com/4t5lIkguWB— Curtis Rogers (@AKidFromKent) September 15, 2020
- Sounds about right.
Who is crazy enough to give a bird CPR?— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) September 14, 2020
Mariners Tweet the Darndest Things presented by @GEICO. pic.twitter.com/4Vj9bLMMZY
- Corey Brock at the Athletic writes about first base coach Perry Hill’s dedication to the team and how he’s working with players from home. ($)
Around The League...
- The Orioles make multiple roster moves including additions to the IL and alternate training site:
Orioles have made several moves: Austin Hays is off the IL. Chris Davis goes back on it (left knee patellar tendinitis). Mason Williams clears waivers and been assigned to Bowie overflow. And Stevie Wilkerson has been released. He has been out since July with a fractured finger.— Dan Connolly (@danconnolly2016) September 14, 2020
- The A’s add Jake Lamb and James Kaprielian to their roster after placing Frankie Montas on the paternity list and A.J. Puk on the 45-day IL.
Today, the A’s agreed to terms with free agent infielder Jake Lamb, placed RHP Frankie Montas on the paternity list, added RHP James Kaprielian as the 29th man for the doubleheader and transferred LHP A.J. Puk to the 45-day injured list— AthleticsPR (@AthleticsPR) September 14, 2020
- MLB is planning on announcing new postseason rules including banning alcohol during postgame celebrations.
- The Braves have signed veteran infielder Pablo Sandoval to a minor league deal and will assigned him to their alternate training site.
- The Mets ownership group has closed on a deal with billionaire Steve Cohen to sell him the team for $2.4 billion. Cohen will need to be approved by 23 of the 30 current MLB owners in order to officially own the team.
- Rob Manfred confirmed that MLB will be implementing a bubble format for the postseason and is hopeful that fans will be able to attend those games. ($)
- The Brewers have DFA’d RHP Trey Supak and second basemen Ronny Rodriguez to make room on the roster for new signing Billy MicKinney, who was claimed off of waivers from the Blue Jays.
- In-person international scouting has been approved to return and will follow a strict two-part plan that includes travel restrictions and limits the number of scouts per game.