Good morning everyone. Today, we memorialize the tragedy that occurred on this day of September 11. Here’s to always keeping those whose lives were lost — and their loved ones — in our thoughts. With that, here’s what you need to know today.
In Mariners news...
- Corey Brock at The Athletic turns back the clock and remembers Barry White Night in Seattle in 2000. ($)
- The M’s are continuing to make additions to the ballpark.
This is the Trident Deck that the Mariners didn’t get to debut this season. Pretty cool. pic.twitter.com/WmYONRWBvS— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) September 10, 2020
Around the league...
- The Diamondbacks have placed Ketel Marte on the injured list with wrist inflammation, keeping him out of action for the M’s series with Arizona.
- The Rangers have called up top catching prospect Sam Huff.
- This could be a huge hit to the Padres’ aspirations this season.
Chris Paddack's night is done after two innings. Nope, I don't know why. But his fastball velocity was down significantly in the second inning.— AJ Cassavell (@AJCassavell) September 11, 2020
- The seemingly unthinkable has happened: the Giants have released Pablo Sandoval.
- I hope that one year, James Paxton can have a fully healthy season.
James Paxton (left flexor strain) won't throw for a couple of days after reporting soreness.— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) September 10, 2020
Aaron Boone: "I don't think he's re-injured or anything. I think he's just a little sore from the volume of throwing."