Hello everyone and happy Saturday! Let’s kick off your weekend with some fresh links,
In Mariners news...
- Ryan Divish at The Seattle Times talked to M’s lefty Nick Margevicius in advance of his first start with the team today.
Around the league...
- The Cardinals’ season has been given the Marlins treatment as they are currently paused until further notice with 16 total infections on the team.
- Wow not only is he short, but he’s also incredibly young!
Standing only 5 foot 4 inches, Samsung's 19-year old rookie Kim Ji-chan hit his first career home run tonight and the dugout gave him the silent treatment for a few minutes pic.twitter.com/gBj9NAhcga— Dan Kurtz (@MyKBO) August 7, 2020
- A former employee of the Angels has been charged with distributing fentanyl in the Tyler Skaggs case.
- Jonathan Mayo at MLB compares the league’s hottest rookie outfielders this season: Luis Robert, Jo Adell, and Kyle Lewis.
- Alright, who did this?
An airplane dragging a banner reading "HOUSTON ASTERISKS" is flying around the Oakland Coliseum as the Astros take batting practice.— Chandler Rome (@Chandler_Rome) August 7, 2020
- The A’s bench coach, Ryan Christensen, issued an apology after making what appears to be a Nazi salute during a recent game.
- A pretty neat development in Hockeyland as the Kraken have officially hired the first-ever Black play-by-play announcer in NHL history.