Good morning everyone! Here’s the latest news as you get ready for your Friday.
In Mariners news...
- Corey Brock at The Athletic argues the case for the Mariners calling up top prospect Jarred Kelenic. ($)
- Kyle Lewis was recently featured on MLB Central.
Around the league...
- Joon Lee at ESPN checks in on former first-round pick Carter Stewart, who had planned on starting his career in Japan before the coronavirus struck.
- Whose idea was it to put this guy behind home plate in the first place?
OMG! Royals not having the Marlins Man thing pic.twitter.com/VrtWSblJC6— Sara Sanchez (@BCB_Sara) August 6, 2020
- Manny Ramirez is making a comeback to professional baseball. Reports indicate the former outfielder will head to Australia and play in the ABL.
- Hannah Keyser has some ideas for the newly-relocated Buffalo Blue Jays.
The Bandwagon— Hannah Keyser (@HannahRKeyser) August 6, 2020
We’re finally talking about teams again. This week, it’s the Buffalo Blue Jays, who should really consider making more niche merch to go with this strange stateside season.
(As always: click the clip below to watch the full video.)pic.twitter.com/jTKHHiArEN
- The Phillies are expected to call up top pitching prospect Spencer Howard to start on Sunday.
- Amazon has ordered an adaptation of “A League of Their Own” to be produced for their platform.
- Christian Yelich has gotten off to a slow start to this season, but maybe this will help him out.