In Mariners News...
- Reid Morgan has been making the most of his time while awaiting the start of next season.
ICYMI: Without a Minor League season, former @GamecockBasebll pitcher @DRMorgan19 of the Seattle Mariners organization is back in Columbia to do more than just train. @wachfox pic.twitter.com/RIEdffgn3k— Mike Uva (@Mike_Uva) August 3, 2020
Around the League...
- Nelly, we miss you.
Nelson Cruz out here doing the absolute most. pic.twitter.com/EJXFRDwUII— Cut4 (@Cut4) August 3, 2020
- Can you spot all the former Mariners on this roster?
#Marlins roster moves, per Hill (will be official Tue):— Jordan McPherson (@J_McPherson1126) August 3, 2020
Reinstating Matt Joyce, Lewis Brinson from IL
Adding Forsythe, Shafer, Smith, Bleier, Hoyt, Moran, Morin
Recalling Yamamoto, Harrison
Selecting contracts of Nick Vincent, Eddy Alvarez, Josh A. Smith, Ryan Lavarnway
- This should be interested and hopefully produce results that MLB can learn from.
Electronic strike zone is coming to #KBO! #KBOLeague announced today that it is starting “Robot Umpire” trial run in the Futures League starting from tomorrow. Two minor league stadiums are now equipped w/ the system and 26 games are scheduled to be called electronically. pic.twitter.com/DBkeNDfXpg— Daniel Kim 대니얼 김 (@DanielKimW) August 3, 2020
- The Cardinals positive tests have increased to 13 people, seven of which are players.
The St. Louis Cardinals have 13 people in the organization who have tested positive for COVID-19, a source confirms to ESPN. Seven of them are Cardinals players. First with the details: @markasaxon.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) August 3, 2020
- Following his MRI yesterday, Shohei Ohtani will be out for 4-6 weeks with a strain in his arm.
- In other, more exciting Angels news, top prospect Jo Adell has been called up to the big leagues.
- After an unfortunate Achilles tendon injury, Braves pitcher Mike Soroka is out for the rest of the season.
- MLB’s Field of Dreams game between the Cardinals and White Sox has been canceled due to the Cardinals’ coronavirus outbreak.
- This is absurd.