In Mariners News...
- 10-game hitting streaks do sound quite nice.
- Erik Swanson has been added to the 30-man roster and Joe Odom has been optioned back to Tacoma.
Mariners have added reliever Erik Swanson from their alternate training site and optioned catcher Joe Odom back to that Tacoma group. Back to 17 pitchers and two catchers on the 30-man roster.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) August 2, 2020
Around the League...
- Shohei Ohtani will undergo an MRI following reports of discomfort in his pitching arm during yesterday’s game.
Following game today, #Angels RHP Shohei Ohtani expressed some discomfort in his pitching arm and has been sent for an MRI. Don't have results for MRI yet.— Mike DiGiovanna (@MikeDiGiovanna) August 3, 2020
- This 468 ft homer hit by Aaron Judge is not even in the top 5 longest of his career.
If you wanna know how that Aaron Judge homer sounded in the stadium.— Sam Dykstra (@SamDykstraMiLB) August 3, 2020
(Hint: LOUD) pic.twitter.com/KqprcXsnqd
- The Cardinals have postponed their series vs. the Brewers following a string of positive Covid-19 tests with more expected to come.
- Despite reports of multiple contract offers, Fransisco Liriano has opted out of the 2020 season.
- The Rockies’ bullpen troubles continue as Wade Davis is placed on the 10-day IL and Scott Oberg is moved to the 45-day IL after blood clots have been found in his arm.
- Joey Votto has been placed on the IL after self-reporting Covid-19 symptoms and is awaiting test results.
- Tim Britton and Marc Craig at The Athletic take us through yesterday’s odd events in which Yoenis Cespedes disappeared and after returning later in the day, announced his decision to opt-out of the season.
- The Brewers lose another bat as Ryan Braun has been placed on the 10-day IL with an infected right index finger.
- SpaceX’s Crew Dragon Endeavor returned back to Earth yesterday afternoon after a successful two-month outer space mission.