In Mariners News...
- So long, sweet Vogey.
The Mariners have traded DH Daniel Vogelbach to the Blue Jays for cash. Vogelbach was DFA'd on Wednesday after hitting .094 in 18 games to start the season.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) August 24, 2020
- Cal Raleigh reportedly had to get stitches after Donavan Walton’s bat hit his head on the backswing, but it’s unclear if he has a concussion.
The intrasquad game in Tacoma ends after an injury to Cal Raleigh. He was hit in the head on a Donovan Walton backswing. Stayed on the ground for several minutes. Was alert and talking to trainers. Left the field with trainers and towel on the right side of his head.— Jen Mueller (@JenTalksSports) August 23, 2020
- A man made of Hey suggests Kyle Seager could be dealt at the deadline this week.
Around The League...
- The level of disrespect.
Zack Greinke, calling his own pitch...and throwing a 54mph Curveball. pic.twitter.com/gp0g2vNFWj— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) August 23, 2020
- The Astros have shut down their alternate training site due to a positive Covid-19 test.
- The Angels designated 25 year old OF Michael Hermosillo for assignment after haltering playing time over the past few seasons.
- MLB veteran Hunter Pence has been DFA’d by the Giants.
- The Mets released veteran 2B Brian Dozier after an ineffective stretch this summer.
- After a year off, Cleveland and Anaaheim will face off in Williamsport in 2021 in the Little League Classic (quarantine allowing).
- Atlanta manager Brian Snitker was not thrilled after his club lost to the Phillies on a play at the plate. He felt Phillies catcher Andrew Knapp blocked the plate illegally, and that MLB might as well allow runners to “start blowing up catchers again” if umps won’t enforce the rules when it matters.