In Mariners News...
- Justin Dunn shares his thoughts on the need for more African-American participation in baseball while promoting the Mariners’ On BASE Hometown Nine program, which helps provide equipment and training for African American kids from underserved communities.
- Jeff Passan joins 710 ESPN Seattle to discuss the Mariners young talent.
Around The League...
- As MLB celebrates the 100th anniversary of the Negro Leagues, take a look back at Ted Williams’ Hall of Fame induction speech, where he advocated for more inclusion of Negro League stars.
When Ted Williams was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1966, he used part of his speech to make a strong appeal for the inclusion of Negro League stars Satchel Paige & Josh Gibson! #History #NegroLeagues100 pic.twitter.com/cxGGLhCxu0— Baseball by BSmile (@BSmile) August 16, 2020
- Hannah Keyser at Yahoo Sports discusses the concerns around MLB’s scheduling disruptions and if teams will be able to play their full schedule.
- The White Sox hit four homers in a row in their victory over the Cardinals yesterday, the 10th time in MLB history that a team has hit four straight home runs.
- Blue Jays top hitter Bo Bichette has been placed on the 10-day IL with a knee sprain.
- Welcome to Tacoma Rose Lavelle!