In Mariners News...
- Former Mariner Thyago Vieira became the 2nd pitcher in NPB history to reach 101 MPH on the radar gun.
- Just JP doing what JP does.
- The Mariners keep climbing in Baseball America’s farm system rankings, now sitting at #3 on their updated list.
- Top prospect Julio Rodriguez got his hard cast off, followed by a soft cast now for a couple more weeks before getting to game action.
- A former Mariner story about another, slightly more notable former Mariner.
You're gonna wanna hear the story about 10-year-old Jay Bruce trying to call Ken Griffey Jr. pic.twitter.com/i2vF9zmb3j— Cut4 (@Cut4) August 12, 2020
Around The League...
- Confidence level off the charts.
Zack Greinke: Calling out the signs.— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) August 13, 2020
- Dodgers reliever Joe Kelly had his suspension reduced from eight games to five after his appeal earlier this week.
- He took the opportunity to call the Astros “snitches” on a recent podcast.
- Ronald Acuna Jr. is set to miss the Braves’ upcoming series vs the Marlins and will be out with a sore wrist.
- Red Sox outfielder Andrew Benintendi is headed to the 10-day IL with a sprain in his right rib cage.
- Former journeyman big leaguer Micah Johnson has taken to a career in art in his community in retirement.
- The Blue Jays top the Marlins after their long-awaited first home game of the season.
- The Phillies are calling up top 3B prospect Alec Bohm, per The Athletic.
- The Seattle Kraken is teaming up with the Pacific Science Center to bring us a panel of experts to walk through the science behind Climate Pledge Arena. Happening next Tuesday at 7 pm, check it out!
We're excited to bring you a virtual installment of our Science of Sports & Entertainment speaker series!— Climate Pledge Arena (@ClimateArena) August 11, 2020
Join panelists from McLennan Design, @NHLSeattle_, @amazon & #ClimatePledgeArena as they dive into the science & sustainability of our arena → https://t.co/PVQo2ZOOcr pic.twitter.com/4aPQfYG3SS