In Mariners News...
- Congrats to Justin Dunn on recording his first career win, a solid six-inning outing allowing only two runs on seven hits and recording two strikeouts as the Mariners take the W against the Rangers. Check out the recap here.
- Oh, hey KLew!
AL BATTING LEADERS— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) August 11, 2020
DJ LeMahieu (NY) .397
Kyle Lewis (Sea) .373
Hanser Alberto (Balt) .349
Carlos Correa (Hou) .345
Nelson Cruz (Minn) .344
JaCoby Jones (Det) .333
Mike Trout (LAA) .333
Salvador Perez (KC) .319
- Ryan Divish analyzes Daniel Vogelbach’s current struggles and if they could lead to upcoming roster moves.
Around the League...
- Former Reds infielder Derek Dietrich has signed a minor league contract with the Rangers.
The Rangers have signed free agent INF Derek Dietrich to a minor league contract and assigned him to the Alternate Training Site. Dietrich has played with Miami and Cincinnati and hit a career high 19 homers with the Reds in 2019.— John Blake (@RangerBlake) August 10, 2020
- Marcus Stroman becomes the latest player to opt-out of the 2020 season.
Mets starter Marcus Stroman has opted out of the 2020 season. He has accrued enough service time to reach free agency this winter. He'll do so not having thrown a big league pitch this year.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) August 10, 2020
- MLB has been in talks about a possible bubble format for the 2020 postseason.
- The Rays have placed RHP Charlie Morton on the 10-day IL.
- The Red Sox have granted release to veteran RHP Brian Johnson, who was growing increasingly frustrated with the team after being sent to their alternate training location.
- Dodgers reliever Joe Kelly, still facing an eight-game suspension, has been placed on the 10-day IL.
- The Indians have placed RHP Mike Clevinger in strict quarantine after he was found violating the league’s coronavirus protocols.
- Former Mariner Logan Morrison has been DFA’d by the Brewers to make room for Luis Urias, who was reinstated from the IL.
- The Reds have submitted a plan to the state of Ohio in hopes of allowing fans into the ballpark during the 2020 season.