Hello folks! Here’s a fresh batch of links to get your work week started.
In Mariners news...
- Former top Mariners prospect Adam Jones had some encouraging words for Kyle Lewis.
I believe his future is as bright as he wants. I’ve been watching and his overall game is purely explosive. Continue the grind KLewis and continue to make the adjustments. Also never forget to show that massive smile. Gotta have fun playing a great game!!— 10 (@SimplyAJ10) August 9, 2020
- Ryan Divish at The Seattle Times wonders what the team will do about Dan Vogelbach.
Around the league...
- Welcome to The Show, Jo Adell. (For those wondering, this was classified as a four-base error)
The Giants are acquiring OF Luis Basabe from the White Sox in exchange for cash considerations.— Robert Murray (@ByRobertMurray) August 9, 2020
- The Mets simply cannot catch a break: right-hander Michael Wacha was placed on the injured list with shoulder inflammation.
- In the middle of a breakout season, Indians right-hander Zach Plesac has been sent home for a minimum of three days after it was reported that he went out on the town on Saturday night.
- Tensions flared in Oakland yesterday. Here’s the full breakdown.
Ramón Laureano charges the Astros dugout, a breakdown pic.twitter.com/2XaBn57Jsx— Jomboy (@Jomboy_) August 10, 2020
- During a game between the Washington Nationals and Baltimore Orioles yesterday, the Nats’ ground crew royally screwed up the tarp pull which caused the game to be called off.
- NSFW warning, but this is hilarious.